– Franschhoek Mountain Guides offer guided tours in the Franschhoek Mountains through the Berg River Catchment area.
– Hikers have the opportunity to learn about the History of the town as well as interesting information on the indigenous Fauna and Flora of the Fynbos Biome.
– Highlights include; rare Protea species, game sightings, fresh drinkable mountain water, incredible views and lifetime memories.
– Return Transport from Franschhoek main road is included.
Important: Basic Fitness, appropriate walking shoes/ clothes, suitable backpack and water is compulsory.
– 5 hours
– Twice a day, 7 days a week. Morning and Afternoon. Times will vary depending on the season.
– Berg River Catchment Area. Pick up: Franschhoek Main road (opposite wine tram ticket office)
– Activity can take place in All weather conditions. If conditions are unpleasant (this can only be determined on the morning of the activity), the activity may have to be rescheduled.
What to Wear
– Comfortable clothes
– Shoes(hiking boots, trail running shoes etc)
– A warm jacket (Regardless of weather)
– Waterproof jacket if wet conditions are expected
– Sun Block
Things to Bring
– Suitable Back pack
– Bring your camera so that you can take photos of the amazing scenery.
Guests or Spectators
– Only paying clients can go on the guide tour
Minimum Age – 10 years
Fitness Level – Basic Fitness
Experience Level – Intermediate
Inclusions and Exclusions
– Qualified guide
– Guided Tour
– Return transport from Franschhoek Main Road (Opposite Wine Tram office)
– Snack Pack
– Amazing Scenery
– Any Items of a personal nature